Friday 25 February 2011

A halt

So my D of E campaign has ground to an embarrassing halt for the moment! On Monday I swam 66 lengths of the pool (25m), and then decided I would try and improve by two lengths on each visit. However, I went for a swim on Wednesday to find I could only manage 50 lengths in the same time and same pool! Now, my reason is this; I was really tired for an unknown reason, and hadn't got much sleep, plus I only had a very small breakfast. Also, it was a lot busier than Monday, so I couldn't swim at my pace; the slow lane was just too slow, and I got glares every time I took over someone, and the medium lane was too fast, and I was pushed to exhaustion!!! So that is my excuse; though I am going to go tomorrow and hopefully regain my lost swimming territory. On other aspects, I still don't have my Grade 8 violin results back, and I am still working towards my grade 7 piano exam. We are going to talk about my expedition tonight,and hopefully I can report back with news on that. And finally, I still haven't actually been registered by the D of E register person, so hopefully she'll get around to doing that soon. That's all for now folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment