Monday 21 February 2011

Skills (Swimming)

So, I started the skill section today with swimming. I haven't swum properly for around a year, and so I was a bit worried about what to expect!!! However, it turned out really well. I managed 66 lengths in a 25m pool (1650m) in an hour. I was quite proud, but had jelly legs when I got out! I then got the progress sheet (I'll put a link up to it in a future blog) signed off and decided to return on wednesday for an hour, hoping to acheive 68 lengths. The whole point of the D of E is progress, and so I will try to improve by two lengths each time I go for a swim. It is quite a challenge, as after a year I could be expected to do 150 lengths in an hour!!
In other news, I've had a bit of trouble with the residential area of the course; apparently you have to go with people you DON'T know, and I have been on the orchestra course a few times now!! Well, another update will be coming shortly. Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment